Unlike other golf tournaments, you cannot watch masters if you want. Only patrols can watch masters live from the venue. However, some lottery opportunities also available, which means you need luck too. On the other hand, experienced says that attending a practice round is better than watching the main event for the first-timers.
With that in mind, we have researched all the tips for attending the masters practice round to provide you a proper guideline to first visit at Augusta National Golf Club. Read on to find those.
- Tips for Attending the Masters Practice Round
- Can you bring a camera to the Masters practice round?
- Can you bring a cell phone to the Masters practice round?
- What do you wear to a Masters practice round?
- What is the best day to go to the Masters?
- Masters Tuesday practice round tips
- Masters Wednesday practice round tips
- Masters Parking Tips
- Final words
Tips for Attending the Masters Practice Round
The following hand-picked list is ordered according to the priority. However, the focus should be hitting the merch tent early.
- Free spectator guide: When you enter the ground, first pick up a free spectator guide from the boxes by the entrance. The guide will show you the walking route and other important locations such as foods, bathrooms, etc.
- Comfortable shoes are a must: We will suggest you walk the entire course to get a better experience. For that, you will need comfortable and lite shoes.
- Watch the players skip shots on #16: The par 3 is very interesting in practice rounds as the golfers will try to skip the pond and get it on the green. Besides, watch no. 15 green will also be entertaining. Our suggestion is to take a set behind the no—15 in the grandstand, where both holes are visible.
- Ship your merchandise/ memorabilia: We recommend you to buy some merchandise as a memory. And I assume you already know that Masters Merchandise is not available out of the venue. So, it would be best to buy all the items first and have it shipped home, and you will not need to carry those all day.
- Spend some time under the big oak tree: The clubhouse under the big oak tree is where golf people are loitering around. You never know, if you are lucky, you may come across with some golf legends! However, it would help if you got there as early as possible.
- Try foods: Foods at masters is a must-try item as world-class chefs will prepare those.
- Buy your chair: You can sit on the unoccupied chairs. However, as a masters custom, you have to vacate the seats when the owners arrive. If you are going all 3 days, we will suggest you buy your own chair. Masters chairs can be purchased after in between the main entrance to the ground and the first gate.
On the other hand, if you are going one day only, you should not go through the hassle of purchasing and carrying your chair all day.
- Amen Corner quick stop: Amen corner is an iconic place in Augusta National. It comprises the 11th, 12th, and 13th holes. You will be amazed to see the golfers experience magic and terror at the same time playing on those three holes.
- Bring a small camera: There are limitations to bringing a large camera. However, the authorities allowed you to bring a small camera to enrich your memory buckets.
- Don’t forget a watch: Since phones are not allowed in the course, you have must carry a clock to know the time.
Besides those essential tips, we also made a list of some frequently asked questions(FAQs) for the patrons attending Masters.
Can you bring a camera to the Masters practice round?
Yes, you can bring a camera to the Masters practice rounds only on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. At the same time, put it in the mind that cameras are not allowed in the tournament days.
Can you bring a cell phone to the Masters practice round?
Cell phones, along with any beepers or electric devices that make noise, are prohibited in Masters events.
What do you wear to a Masters practice round?
Since Masters is a prestigious event, patrons are also special. So, you should have a decent dress while going to watch masters. Golf polo and khakis would be ideal for wearing on masters practice rounds. On the other hand, for a warm-weather condition, you can wear shorts.
What is the best day to go to the Masters?
Experts suggest going for the practice rounds between the masters main event and practice rounds as you will have enough time to look around.
Masters Tuesday practice round tips
You can take cameras on Tuesday’s practice round. So, don’t forget to take a picture of the amen corner. Besides, sit on #16 and enjoy the players trying to make it to the green skipping across the water.
Masters Wednesday practice round tips
Try to walk around the course in the morning. However, make sure you visit the par-3 by 1:00 pm to attend the par-3 tournament. Reach early in the morning as you will have a chance to class with famous players.
Masters Parking Tips
You don’t need to worry about parking in Augusta. Parking at Augusta is one of the easiest experiences I’ve seen. Parking is free there! However, I suggest you go early if you are taking your car. So, you can find a spot for your convenience.
You need to have a piece of strong luck to get the Masters ticket. And if you get it, you should not afford to miss it. But make sure you know all the Do’s and Don’ts before attending the Augusta.